This Notice applies to data that is held by Digital Rockpool Ltd and to the website situated at yardstick.co.uk (Website) and the Yardstick web application (Web App) which is operated by Digital Rockpool Ltd and we are committed to providing and protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that will be processed by us that is: (i) provided to us from a customer who is authorised by an end user agreement between the customer and us (Customer) direct or via an agent who is authorised by an Web App partner organisation agreement between the agent and us (Agent) to whom we provide the Web App service and for which we act as data controller; (ii) that we collect from you; or (iii) that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our Website or using our Web App you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Digital Rockpool Ltd (crn 08325986) of Overleat House, Water Lane, St Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0QZ.
References to “data” in this notice are only to personal data.
1. Information We Collect from You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information we receive from the Agent. This is information we receive from the Agent itself or about you if you are a Customer or a customer of the Agent that uses the Web App. You should be given a data processing notice by the Agent (and you are authorising the processing of your data by us as part of our Web App end user licence) for the purposes of your contract with the Agent in relation to our and other services that the Agent is providing to you. Our contract with the Agent incorporates a GDPR data sharing agreement.
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect about you if you visit the Website. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may collect the following non personal technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
The categories of data that we hold (not all of which is personal data) are:
- names, email, username and passwords of Customers and Agents;
- customer’s property name, addresses and coordinates;
- customers’ reporting period, monitoring currency, geographical boundaries, industry/sector/subsector;
- custom categories and tags to group the data provided;
- custom time periods and how often Customers enter data;
- name, addresses and coordinates of the Customers’ hometown-, supply source- and donee’s location;
- customers’ operations data relating to:
- occupancy and capacity relating to days open, date of entry, bed nights, room nights, clients, staff, total area in square meters and notes taken; and
- fuel types and units, waters type and units, waste types and units, waste disposal types, plastic types and units, costs and notes taken;
- customers’ labour data relating to each employee’s start- and end date of employment, hometown, gender, ethnicity, role, level, disability, whether the employee’s age is under 16, whether the employee is appointed part-time; whether the employee was promoted, standard contracted days per week, standard contracted weeks per year, annual leave days, salary, overtime, bonuses, gratuities, benefits, cost of training, number of training days and notes taken;
- customers’ donation data relating to date of donation, donee location, value type, amount and notes taken; and
- customers’ name of manager/s, contact person, star rating, number of rooms, number of buildings, whether it has a spa/wellness centre/gym or conference centre, board basis and clientele nationalities.
2. Personal Information About Other Individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data; and
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
3. Reasons for and Basis of Processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information we receive from the Agent. We will use this information for the purposes of performing our obligations under the Web App partner organisation agreement with the Agent and the Web App with the Customer. The data is processed within the Web App which is situated on sub contracted servers (see “where we store your personal data and security” below) to enable the Agent and you to perform your respective obligations under your contract with the Agent.
Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising in relation to the Web App and to provide you with the information, products and services relevant to and in the performance of those contracts.
Technical information. We may process analytical data (which does not include personal information) in relation to visits to our Website on the basis of our legitimate interests seeking to develop our own business but we do not carry out any automatic profiling.
Marketing. We will only process your data for marketing by us if you have consented to this and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- sub-contractors/suppliers: we currently use the WordPress platform for our Web App and some third party plugins. This is hosted by SiteGround Hosting Ltd. We use Google for our email;
- our Agents that are providing services to you. They have referred you to us and wish to use the Web App as part of their consultation services with you. You are also authorising us to grant access to your Agent to your Web App and to share all data that is inputted into or generated by the Web App as per the terms and conditions of the Web App end user licence agreement for the purpose of the Agent providing consultancy services to you as agreed between you and the Agent; and
- if appropriate, other business partners/agents/consultants.
We will only otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell our business in which case we may disclose personal data to the buyer; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our legal rights.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for any other purpose including marketing.
5. Where We Store Your Personal Data and Security
We use SiteGround to host the Web App who in turn are data processors because your data is stored within their servers. Their servers are situated in the UK.
We will take all appropriate technical and organisation measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. The data that we collect from you will not ordinarily be transferred outside the EEA unless your Agent is outside of the EEA. We will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for us to comply with our obligations to the Agent under the Web App partner organisation agreement and in relation to general legal and regulatory requirements.
If your Agent is outside of the EEA then you should be aware that non-EEA countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law and all personal information will be secure. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection contract clauses that have been approved by the European Commission as part of our agreement with the agent/partner organisation. To obtain a copy of those clauses please see contact details below.
If you have supplied your data to us or we have collected it about you other than in relation to the Web App then we will keep your data securely on our desktop computers or within our office.
6. Duration of Storage of Personal Data
We will hold the data for as long as is necessary for the duration of any agreement with you and any longer period for us to comply with applicable law (e.g. audit) or in other cases for the duration of the period necessary for the purpose that you provided the data to us or to which you have consented (e.g. any marketing).
7. Your Rights
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘Contact’ below);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. order number, user name, registration details); and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to access your information, of erasure, restrictions on processing, objection to processing, and portability subject to any legal/audit requirements that we in turn have to comply with.
If you are a Customer or Agent with whom we have entered into a contract with then we will not necessarily be able to delete your details until after the contract has ended and then subject to any audit/regulatory compliance. You may though withdraw consent to the receipt of any marketing materials from us that you may have given at any time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns.
8. Non Personal Data
Data that is not personal in nature and is used within the Web App or data that is generated by the Web App is retained by us and is owned by us.
9. Changes to Our Privacy Notice and Policies
10. Links to Other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.